If you haven’t got SSL on your website and are looking for an option that doesn’t cost a fortune, then you have come to the right place. Keeping your website secure for yourself and your readers is paramount to building up a trustworthy relationship, but typically SSL isn’t cheap. I’ll be exploring what SSL certificates are, why your website will benefit from having a ssl certificate and more importantly how you can get 25 websites with SSL for a lot less than you might think? Let’s start with what is an SSL Certificate and Why Do I Need an SSL Certificate for My Website
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer – it establishes an encrypted link between an internet browser (the reader) and a web server (the website). It is a way of protected the data passed between the two. Think about when you log onto your online banking, you will see a green padlock in the address bar and the website will start with https://
I have a SSL certificate on this website, because I want to ensure my readers are safe. I take internet safety very seriously.
Why Does Your Website Need an SSL Certificate?
There are multiple benefits to having an SSL certificate, the key one among them is building trust between you (a website owner they haven’t met) and the reader (a potential buyer).
- An E-Commerce Website – if you plan on selling your own products or services, then you will require SSL. If you want someone to hand over their credit card details to buy something, they are going to want to trust you. A website with SSL encryption is a requirement in this situation.
- Capturing Any Data – If you want people to take any action, whether that be sign up to your email list, write a comment on your website or enter their payment details. SSL will help them trust the website.
- Search Engine Rankings – The search engines have recently stated that websites with SSL will rank better than those without SSL. This is a key reason why people are doing extensive research into SSL certificates. Bloggers who didn’t have e-commerce sites didn’t really pay for an SSL certificate, but this could have affected their rankings.
In the past, SSL Certificates have been really expensive sometimes costly $100 per website per year. Many bloggers, affiliate marketers or even small businesses have not been able to afford to pay that on top of everything else.
Then Wealthy Affiliate Came Up with a Better Option!
Let me explain, my website is hosted with SiteRubix, which is included in a premium Wealthy Affiliate membership. I can have 25 full domains, all with SSL Certificates included in a $49/month or $359/yr membership.
Compare that with the 3 sites I have, if I had SSL elsewhere I would be paying hosting fees plus SSL which could easily mean I would be paying well over $400 dollars a year.
Where Can I Get Free SSL Certificates for My Website?
SSL Certificates are so important these days, but that doesn’t mean it has to cost the earth. The reasons I state this is free SSL is down to everything else you receive in that premium membership that can benefit any small business, affiliate marketer or blogger. The benefits far outweigh the cost.
Like I said, elsewhere I have seen SSL certificates for one domain being $100 a year, but I have 3 websites hosted that is almost equal to my annual membership to WA anyway.
But let’s explore the other benefits that Wealthy Affiliate Offer on top of Free SSL Certificates for 25 full domains.
- Step-by-Step Training that factors in all aspects of:
- Website Design
- Content Creation
- Local Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- SEO, Traffic Building, Analytics, Rankings, etc.
- The List of Training is endless
- Top Website Hosting – A Premium Member can host 25 full domains and 25 subdomains, with unlimited email accounts included
- Key features designed to improve your website speed and security done at the server to improve your readers experience
- A WordPress Website Builder that takes 4 easy steps to have a website up and running.
- Expert Help & Support – You would be joining a network of internet entrepreneurs all with the same goals of helping each other and achieving success.
There are many factors that are needed to be successful online, whether you are selling your own products or sharing your story with some affiliate marketing going on.
The search engines are constantly looking at ways of improving the safety and security for everyone, especially with all of these recent data breaches – So it makes sense that they are looking for content that is safe and secure for the people searching for it.
But that doesn’t mean that you need to pay over the odds for an SSL Certificate, Wealthy Affiliate has been the best thing that has happened to my online business, but I leave you to do your own research on that – Here is my full Wealthy Affiliate review for you to check out and WA also offers a free starter membership that lets you make your own mind up about it before investing any money.
If you are looking for a SSL Certificate that doesn’t cost the earth, offers top-notch website hosting that is easy to transfer your current domain over and get some help and support with your online business that will take it to the next level, then do check out Wealthy Affiliate for a Free Starter Membership and make up your own mind.
If you have any questions about SSL certificates, web hosting or Wealthy Affiliate then please put it in the comments below and I will definitely respond with an answer.
Thanks for the taking the time to read this post, take care.